(Nagar) interesting castle sits high above Katrain. With
a pleasant, unhurried atmosphere, it is good place to
stop a while. It is also an entry for treks to Malana.
Sights The castle (early 126 century) withstood the
earthquake of 1905 and is a fine example of
timber-bonded building of Western
Himalayas. Probably build by
Raja Sidh Singh, it was used as a royal residence and
state headquarters until t he 17 century when the
capital was transferred to Sultanpur
(Kullu). It continues as a
summer place until the British arrived In 1846, when it
was sold to Major Hay, the first Assistant Commissioner
who Europeanized part of it, fitting staircases,
fireplaces et cetera. This quaint castle/fort is built
around a courtyard with verandahs.